Friday, June 27, 2014

Happy Draft Day!

I'm not even going to try to call the draft today, or update the blog on the draft as there's no way I can hope to cover it in any meaningful ways when you've got Bob McKenzie and TSN doing such a terrific thorough job, but I thought I would post a single quote that I hope all media, scouts, hockey ops. and armchair drafters keep in mind when it comes to European players who played in the CHL this year.

“You don’t even have to finish asking the question,” he said, cutting me off when I started inquiring about how he now thinks about the foreign players he coached decades ago. “Like, boy, are we ever arrogant. No appreciation for the young guys that come over. Here, we have an interpreter helping us. When we go to the grocery store, we’ve got someone to come around. We just throw those kids to the wolves and say, ‘See ya at practice tomorrow.’ They don’t even know what we’re saying.”
(Taken from this excellent article)

And what Euro-lovin' commie made that quote? Why none other than the beacon of sweetness and light: Mr. Mike Keenan.


Enjoy the draft!

No comments:

Post a Comment